Nominations are now closed
Nominations for the City of Karratha Community Awards 2024 were open from 9am Tuesday 17 October 2023 to 9am Friday 1 December 2023. Winners will be announced at our Awards Ceremony on 26 January 2024.
Categories and eligibility criteria:
Citizen of the Year
Presented by City of Karratha
An Australian citizen aged 25 years or older, who resides in the City of Karratha and:
- Has made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or has volunteered within the local community over a number of years;
- Demonstrated commitment to the betterment of the City of Karratha;
- Undertakes activities, which have short and long term benefits for others;
- Acts as a positive role model for others;
- Contributions made by the nominee have been completed on a voluntary basis;
- Has not previously been the recipient of this award.
Young Citizen of the Year
Presented by Pilbara Ports Authority
A young person (25 years or younger) who has made a big personal achievement, resides in the City of Karratha and:
- Is a positive role model to peers and accepts responsibility for self and others;
- Actively participates in the community in areas like community work, sport, education, science, culture, the arts, or the environment.
- Undertakes activities that promote the welfare and well-being of those in the City of Karratha;
- Contributions made by the nominee have been completed on a voluntary basis.
Presented by Rio Tinto
Recognises an individual or group who has organised and provided an event for the broader community to attend to enrich the community.
- The event must take place within the City of Karratha;
- Must be available to the whole broader community (not 18+ or invitation-only);
- Demonstrated commitment to the betterment of City of Karratha; and
- Delivered as a not-for-profit event.
Winners will be announced at the City of Karratha Community Awards 2024 function on Friday 26 January 2024 at the Red Earth Arts Precinct.