Ready, Set, Grow Garden Competition
Do you have an amazing front garden? Or want an excuse to create one?
Get set to win some fantastic prizes in the READY, SET, GROW City of Karratha Garden Competition in 2020.
Over $10,000 in cash and prizes!
Entries are now open so apply using the online entry form below or pickup an entry form from:
- City of Karratha Administration building, Welcome Road Karratha
- Karratha, Dampier, Wickham and Roebourne libraries
- Selected City of Karratha retail outlets
Entries close 4.00pm on Wednesday 11 November 2020
Judging commences Thursday 12 November (for approximately 2 weeks)
- Best front garden Dampier
- Best front garden Baynton (including Baynton West & Madigan Estate)
- Best front garden Nickol (including Nickol West)
- Best front garden Millars Well
- Best front garden Pegs Creek
- Best front garden Karratha CBD
- Best front garden Bulgarra
- Best front garden Point Samson
- Best front garden Roebourne
- Best front garden Wickham
All entries will be judged by a panel including horticulture professionals at any time from 12 November 2020 over a two week period.
Judging will be based on six main factors:
- Presentation: general appearance, layout and design (including maintenance, weed management, plant health and vigour
- Plantings: use of colour, form and composition, variety and repetition, year-round interest
- Sustainability: reduced water use, moisture retention strategies, recycling and reuse
- Construction: use of materials, construction methods, sculptural elements and plant selection
- Natural Environment: encouraging wildlife (providing a habitat or food source for local native fauna), use of native and local plant species and free of declared or environmental weeds
- Creativity, innovation and passion: Is the garden creative, innovative or original? Does the garden reflect the City of Karratha’s unique environment? Does it reflect the effort, enthusiasm and knowledge of the gardener(s)?
- 10 x Category winner - $700 Try Local Cash
- 10 x Highly Commended - $300 Try Local Cash
- Mayors Best Overall Award - $1000 CASH
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entry to the City of Karratha Garden Competition is free.
- All gardens must be located within the City of Karratha.
- By entering the City of Karratha Garden Competition, entrants agree to the Terms and Conditions of Entry which include: provision of access to the front garden for judging purposes during normal business hours, your name, suburb/townsite and photographs of your properties garden being used for judging and publicity purposes. Photographs remain the property of the City of Karratha and may be reproduced in promotional material.
- Final judging will be carried out by a panel of judges appointed by the City of Karratha.
- Competition timelines:
Entries close 4.00pm on Wednesday 11 November 2020
Entries received after the closing time/date will NOT be eligible for consideration
Judging commences Thursday 12 November 2020 (for approx. 2 weeks)
Winners announced Friday 4 December 2020
- All prizes are awarded at the discretion of the judging panel, whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All category winners (not highly commended recipients) will be considered for the Mayor’s Award for the best overall garden.
- There are 10 highly commended prizes up for grabs – these can be given to ANY entrant in any suburb e.g. there might be three Highly Commended in Millars Well and none in Baynton.
- Entry and judging relate to the front garden only. Rear gardens will not be eligible for entry in the Garden Competition.
- Winners may be required to submit valid identification, that contains their address before receiving their prize.
- Winners will be announced on the City of Karratha Facebook page on Friday 4 December 2020.
- Prizes (with the exception of the Mayors Award) will be Try Local Cash, redeemable via a unique code provided to each winner.
- The City of Karratha reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or suspend the competition (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The City of Karratha reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
- The City of Karratha, nor the parties involved, will accept any responsibility or will be liable for any injury, loss or damage to an entrant’s property as a result of participation in the Garden Competition.
- The personal information requested on the entry form is being collected by the City of Karratha for the purpose of the Ready, Set, Grow Competition. The City of Karratha will disclose this information to the Competition judges for the purposes of judging the competition entries and awarding of prizes.
- By entering this competition you agree to any images taken as part of the judging process, of you, your property or your garden being used for future promotion for this competition and any marketing at the discretion of the City of Karratha.
- If you choose not to provide the requested information, the City of Karratha will be unable to process your entry.
- Due to a possible conflict of interest, the following parties are ineligible to enter: