Applications are currently closed with all available dwellings allocated to small businesses and individuals working in the service sector.
You are invited to register your details should you wish to be notified when dwellings become available and the next application window is open.
The City of Karratha in partnership with Rio Tinto and Woodside have provided 66 dwellings across the City of Karratha to support affordable housing for service workers.
Services which deliver a meaningful contribution to the liveability of Karratha will be considered, including:
- Health services
- Safety, security, and policing
- Connectivity and public transport
- Leisure, recreation, and entertainment
- Natural environment
- Environmental sustainability
- Job prospects
- Cost of living
- Be an Australian citizen or be eligible to work in Australia
- Be employed in an occupation which services the broader community
- Be employed by a not for profit, non-government or local business offering essential services within the City of Karratha
- Be employed on a continual/casual basis, working no less than 30 hours per week, paid by an organisation based within the City of Karratha and not working on a FIFO/DIDO roster
- Do not own any share of a residential dwelling within the City of Karratha (applicable to all who are proposed to reside at the dwelling), or a 50% or more share of a dwelling elsewhere
- Do not have an individual gross assessable income greater than $90,000 per annum
- Do not have a shared household gross assessable income greater than $130,000 per annum
- Do not have a partner or dependent proposed to reside with the primary tenant who works for a resource company or a company who provides the majority of its services directly to the resources sector
- Is not eligible for other employee housing programs (applicable to all members of the household).
- Is a not-for-profit or non-government local business offering essential services within the City of Karratha
- Provides majority of it's services to the broader community and customers who are not resource companies
- Generates local employment with a minimum of 30 hours/week (with an exception for medical disability - 15 hours/week)
- Is capable and committed to entering into a residential tenancy agreement and accepts all costs and liability for the full period of tenancy (i.e. rent and utilities)
- Nominates employees to reside in a property who meet the 'Individual Eligibility' criteria.