By using the City of Karratha Web Services clients will from time to time provide information to the City in order to ensure the most effective provision of services.
Some of this information will be collected automatically by website equipment and some will be specifically requested by client input. This statement seeks to provide clear advice as to how such personal information shall be utilised by the City.
Cookies and Website Analytics
The City of Karratha uses website monitoring and analytic tools to help improve usability and the experience for our website customers.
The City may utilise tools by third parties to collect and view website traffic information, including the type of device being used to access the website, browser version and how you navigate to and on the website. The providers of these tools will have their own privacy policies that may differ from the privacy position of the City. The City may also use various browser and industry to improve the online experience.
No information collected using these techniques will contain personally identifiable information.
Information We Collect
When you visit our website, the web content management system and our Internet Service Provider automatically records your visit and logs the following information for content personalisation and statistical purposes:
- Your IP address.
- The date and time of your visit to the site.
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded.
- Time spent on individual pages.
- Time spent overall on the site.
- Browser type and version.
- Device type.
- Internet Service Provider.
- Search words entered.
- Referring site and media asset (eg search engine or display advertisement).
This information is analysed regularly to determine the website's usage statistics, content personalisation and service performance. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities unless required by law, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider's logs.
The City of Karratha maintains a number of databases specifically to store information utilised by its web services and which include some personal details of individuals. Entries will only be made to these databases with the express permission of any named individuals and normally be added directly into the databases by the individuals themselves via online forms.
When users choose to join a mailing list, their details are added to that specific mailing list and used for the stated purpose of that list only. You need to be aware of inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the internet. If you have concerns in this regard, the City of Karratha has other ways of obtaining and providing information. Postal mail and telephone contact are available and listed in the 'Contact' section of this website.
If you send us an email message, we will record your contact details (in accordance with government record keeping standards). This information will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. We will not use your email for any other purpose and will not disclose it without your consent unless required to by law.
External Links from this Website
Please note that the City of Karratha website contains some links to external web sites because they contain material related to the City's activities or are of a benefit to users. When a user has clicked on a link to another site, they leave the City of Karratha site and are no longer protected by these conditions.
The City of Karratha takes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of any information included in the data provided by third parties, nor for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of links or references to information sources (including Internet sites) outside of this website. These external information sources are outside the control of the City of Karratha, and it is the responsibility of all internet users to make their own decisions about the accuracy, reliability and correctness of information found on those external Internet links.
Submission of Applications
The City of Karratha enables the processing of applications online, through the site. Your use of the site is subject to the following terms and conditions. Information collected in the process of an application will only be used for the stated specific purpose for which the application was submitted.
- Where the user is not the Applicant or the Nominated Builder, the User acknowledges that he/she has the authority of the Applicant and/or Builder to submit the application to the City of Karratha.
- Applications received after 4.30pm are considered to have been received the following business day.
- An application is not considered to have been submitted until all application fees have been paid and the required application form completed and attached.
- Submission of an application via the online portal in no way constitutes approval or determination of an application.
- Applications received via electronic lodgement will subsequently be approved or refused in electronic form. A hardcopy of the documentation will not be provided.
- Users acknowledge that where possible applications will be submitted in accordance with the “Guideline for Planning & Building Online Tools”, which can be found on the Building Applications – Online Login page.