The Household Hazardous Program supports the collection and appropriate disposal from residential customers of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) at the 7 Mile Waste Facility. Here, you can drop off your HHW, free of charge.
HHW items accepted from residential customers
Domestic HHW, of up to 20kg or 20 litres of each materials type, can be taken to 7 Mile Waste Facility.
Acceptable materials include:
- acids and alkalis
- batteries (household)
- engine coolants and glycols
- fire extinguishers - non halon (red) only
- fluorescent lamps and tubes (CFLs)
- gas cylinders (small household)
- household chemicals (e.g. cleaners)
- pool chemicals
- smoke detectors
- unknown chemicals (must be in sealed, chemical resistant containers)
The Waste Authority Waste Avoidance and Recovery Account funds and administers this state government project.