Building and land

Submit your application, complete supporting forms and find out about relevant fees and charges to get your building approval
Build and develop crossovers and rear access work, fences and verges in harmony with your neighbours and relevant legislation
Extend, alter or demolish your property or secure approval for your new shed or patio
Contractors working in City road reserves, drainage reserves and public open spaces will need a Permit to Work.
Discover the planning legislation and guidelines informing the strategic and sustainable growth and development of the City
Navigate the process for securing your approval to subdivide land
Find all the information you need to install and maintain a safe private swimming or spa
Temporary road closures information
Contractors undertaking works within road reserves that interferes or obstructs the normal use of a road is required to obtain
View lodged and determined Building and Development Applications here.

Sign up for City of Karratha news:


The City of Karratha has a number of e-newsletters to keep you up to date on a range of topics.

Sign up and select your interests here:

 Arts, Culture and Community Events
 Sport and Recreation
 Business and Economy
 Tenders and Public Notifications

Read our Privacy Policy