The Kevin Richards Memorial Oval (KRMO) Master Plan was endorsed by Council at the October 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting.
The Master Plan as adopted by council is proposed to be a seven year staged delivery and includes:
- Stage 1a - New play space, northern car park and design of a change room and club room facility
- Stage 1b - Construction of a change room and club room facility
- Stage 2 - Playing field sport lighting upgrade
- Stage 3 - Existing pavilion refurbishment
- Stage 4 - Multipurpose courts
- Stage 5 - Expansion of the existing southern carpark, supply of a serviced lot for Men’s Shed, relocation of cricket net and a second play space
Stage 1a is now complete.
Total budget: $13.9 million
$1,600,000 - City of Karratha 2020-21 budget
$525,000 - Lotterywest
$375,000 - Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.
$776,211 – Cash in lieu of public open space funds
The total cost for Stage 1a: $325,000