Salary Package: $106,112 per annum plus super
Come for a career and stay for a lifestyle!
The City of Karratha is offering an opportunity for a suitably experienced individual to join our Governance & Organisational Strategy team as a Governance Officer specialising in Compliance. This position is based in Karratha, offering an attractive salary and a range of other benefits including, but not limited to:
- Six weeks annual leave per annum
- 13% Superannuation
The Governance Officer is responsible for overseeing governance and statutory compliance within the organisation. The officer will provide an administration, advice and support function to all teams across the organisation to ensure compliance with systems, processes and policies identified through contractual and legal obligations.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Law or business qualification at degree level, or sufficient work experience in the area of interpreting legislation and its application, particularly in the Local Government context
- Experience with the drafting of legal agreements at a commercial level is desirable with experience in a local government context being preferred
- Exposure to corporate governance functions, in systems/process analysis and development, and preparation of submissions and reports is desirable
- Exposure to risk management systems and reporting systems is desirable
- Current C Class drivers licence
- A National (or Federal) Police Clearance (no more than 6 months old) is required for this position
Applications are to include a CV, completed application form, and a covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
For enquiries about this position, please contact the People & Culture Team on 9186 8543.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm, Wednesday 22nd November 2023. They are to be emailed to email@example.com or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714.