Pre-Cyclone Verge Collections
The City of Karratha will be commencing its annual FREE pre-cyclone verge collections on Monday 14 October, 2019.
This year the service will be for green waste only to ensure the City can accommodate increased demand for the service.
Green waste collected will be turned into mulch to be used by other City of Karratha services.
All other residential waste can be disposed of for FREE at the 7 Mile and Wickham Waste Transfer Stations, both of which are open seven days a week.
Preparing for your FREE pre-cyclone verge collections:
- Collections are for green waste only
- All items should be cut into pieces shorter than 1.5m in length
- Please keep clear of fences, water meters, power poles, vehicles and trailers, letter boxes, Telstra pits, driveways and garden beds
- Green waste can be placed on verges up to 2 weeks prior to collection dates
- Leaf litter and lawn clippings are not included as part of these collections
- Items placed on verges that do not meet these criteria will not be removed
Last date for placement of green waste on verges:
|Dampier||Monday, 14 October|
|Karratha Airport||Monday, 14 October|
|Bulgarra||Monday, 14 October|
|Karratha CBD||Monday, 14 October|
|Millars Well||Monday, 21 October|
|Pegs Creek||Monday, 21 October|
|Baynton||Monday, 28 October|
|Baynton West||Monday, 28 October|
|Nickol||Monday, 28 October|
|Nickol West||Monday, 28 October|
|Madigan||Monday, 28 October|
|Roebourne||Monday, 4 November|
|Wickham||Monday, 4 November|
|Point Samson||Monday, 4 November|
|Cheeditha||Monday, 4 November|
Please note this service is for residential properties only.
Why are we only collecting green waste this year?
Over the past three years the amount of waste put out for collection has doubled (to more than 700 tonnes). In order to accommodate this increased demand, Council have decided to make the service green waste only.
Green waste does make up the majority of all waste put kerbside so we know this will still be a useful service for our community.
What are we doing with all the green waste?
Green waste collected will be used to create mulch that can be used by other City of Karratha services. This process will take place in 2020.