Rates Prize Draw Terms and Conditions 2019
1. This competition is a promotion run by the City of Karratha (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. The competition is open to ratepayers of the City of Karratha who pay the full amount due as listed on their 2019 rates notice before 12am WST Tuesday 27 August 2019 and who have no outstanding overdue Pilbara Underground Power Project service charges.
5. Payment must be received before the closing date to go into the draw. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected payments.
6. The competition commences 22 July 2019 and closes 12am WST Tuesday 27 August 2019. The competition will be drawn at 3pm WST Monday 9 September 2019 in Council Offices, 7-17 Welcome Road, Karratha WA 6714.
7. All winners will be chosen at random from a database of all eligible rate payments received. The winners will be randomly matched to a prize package. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Winners will be invited to attend an ordinary council meeting where they will be presented with their prizes. If unable to attend an ordinary council meeting, the winners can come to Karratha Council Offices at their convenience to collect their prize from the Communications Team.
9. The prizes consist of:
- $2,000 cheque – Sponsored by Westpac Banking Corporation;
- $1,000 cheque– Sponsored by the City of Karratha;
- $500 cheque – Sponsored by City of Karratha
10. Prize components may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter will not be liable for any change in the value of the prize between the date Rates Notices are issued and the date prizes are claimed.
11. The prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
12. The prizes are subject to availability and all other relevant Terms and Conditions.
13. The winners will be notified by phone, email or mail of their entry into the Rates Prize Draw Function, and sent a formal invitation to attend the Council Meeting. If a winner cannot attend or send a representative to the council meeting they will be advised following the event of their prize. Competition results will be published on Council’s website following the draw.
14. Collection of prizes will be organised by the winner following notification of their winning entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any delivery or travel costs associated with claiming a prize. The winner must collect their prizes by 2 December 2019 or it will be judged forfeited.
15. The information that entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the competition. By entering this competition entrants consent to the use of their contact details for the purposes described in this clause.
16. Photographs may be taken at the Council Meeting for marketing and media purposes and the Promoter has the right to use these images without seeking prior approval of the prize winner.
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize[s] or entering into this competition. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes.