FUTURECLUBS Incentive Scheme
Community Sports Awards
FUTURECLUBS Junior Sports Expo
External funding opportunities
What is FUTURECLUBS?
FUTURECLUBS is the City of Karratha's Club Development Program. It aims to assist local sporting clubs and associations with their continued development and growth.
If you have any questions relating to any aspect of your sporting club or association, please don’t hesitate to contact our Club Development Officer Christy Reed on email@example.com or 0439 344 578.
FUTURECLUBS involves an incentive-based scheme where clubs that meet set criteria surrounding club governance, management and administration can receive benefits, such as:
- Certificate and supporting documentation for clubs to use when submitting funding applications and sponsorship proposals; valid for 12 months
- Successful clubs eligible for up to $300 worth of City light tokens and/or court/oval fees in a 12-month period
- Successful clubs eligible for up to $300 to put towards conducting coaching or officiating course in the City of Karratha in a 12-month period
- Successful clubs gain an automatic nomination into the Community Sports Awards Club of the Year award for the corresponding calendar year
The scheme aims to encourage sustainable club practices and provide businesses and funding bodies with extra incentive to consider a club's application for support in addition to a small monetary contribution.
At present, the scheme only has resources to cover the first five clubs with monetary benefits during a financial year. We are working to increase this number and the scheme's benefits.
- FUTURECLUBS Incentive Scheme Criteria and Information for Clubs/Associations (568KB PDF)
- FUTURECLUBS Incentive Scheme Information for Local Business (634KB PDF)
How does my club get involved?
All you need to do is check that your club meets the scheme criteria. Once you're satisfied it does, contact our Club Development Officer and arrange a meeting to go through the checklist. Once your club satisfies all the incentive scheme criteria, you'll be issued with a FUTURECLUBS certificate and supporting documentation.
Each year, the FUTURECLUBS Club Development Program hosts the annual City of Karratha Community Sports Awards. This event acknowledges and celebrates the efforts of the City of Karratha’s community sporting groups - volunteers, players, officials, coaches and sporting achievements over the past year.
Nominations are encouraged from all members of the community, with nominees receiving a certificate of recognition for their valued contribution to their sport over the past year and a formal invitation to attend the Community Sports Awards event. Self-nominations are accepted. Additionally, all individuals/clubs that submit an application go into the draw for $500, which can be utilised within their club or association.
Nominations are now open across all nine awards categories and can be completed online here:
- NOVO Resources Junior Sportswoman of the Year
- NOVO Resources Junior Sportsman of the Year
- Pilbara Ports Authority Sportsman of the Year
- Rio Tinto Sportswoman of the Year
- Powerlift Industries Volunteer of the Year
- Sport and Recreation WA Umpire/Official of the Year
- Triple M Radio Coach of the Year
- City of Karratha Sporting Group of the Year
- City of Karratha Long Service Recognition Award
Supporting documentation for any nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations close 5pm, Monday 16 November.
2020 Community Sports Awards:
Friday 27 November 2020, 6:30pm-10:30pm
Karratha Leisureplex Function Room
*please note, this event is strictly invitation only
For more information:
Club Development Officer, Christy Reed
Hand deliver: Karratha Leisureplex
Post: PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714
Phone: (08) 9186 8573
Each year the FUTURECLUBS Club Development team host a Junior Sports Expo for children aged 6-12 years. The Junior Sports Expo gives local kids a chance to try a number of different sports on offer within City of Karratha and parents are welcome to join in!
At the expo, groups of like-aged participants will participate in a number of drills and games delivered by coaches, parents and players from various local sporting groups. It's great fun, provides insight into what is on offer in the upcoming sports season and it's FREE!
The 2021 Junior Sports Expo is held from 3:30-7:00pm on Friday, March 19 at Karratha Leisureplex.
Sports on offer will include water polo, soccer, rugby, squash, hockey and more. Please bring your bathers and towel for water polo.
Registrations are essential. Please complete the online form here or contact our Club Development Officer Christy Reed on 9186 8573 or email@example.com.
To stay up-to-date with our latest news and events, sign up to our monthly newsletter by contacting our Club Development Officer Christy Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your club has a story, some pictures or news you would like to share, make sure you let us know – we might be able to include it in our next edition!
There are a number of funding opportunities through various government and non-government entities that your club may be eligible for. Please contact our Club Development Officer Christy Reed on email@example.com or 0439 344 578 to discuss your options.
Links and Resources
Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries:
Australian Sports Commission: