The City of Karratha is looking for a caretaker to manage the coastal nature-based campsite at Cleaverville, for the 2023 camp season. Cleaverville boasts amazing fishing, boating, and swimming, in one of the most beautiful parts of Australia and is situated a convenient 25 minutes from Karratha in the Pilbara region.
The season will run from 1 April to 30 September, commencing one month earlier than usual due to the total solar eclipse.
Requirements for the role include:
• Availability for the full camping season or a minimum of either the first half or second half
• A self-sufficient caravan
• Either experience in managing campgrounds or willing to learn
• A friendly and helpful demeanour with camp guests
• Representing the City with integrity
Caretaker duties include:
• Managing the online booking system
• Patrols of the campsite and checking for illegal camping
• Assisting campers to their campsites
• Maintaining sanitation of two onsite toilets
You will receive:
• A vehicle suitable to undertake the required duties
• All required equipment and PPE
• A free campsite for your caravan for the period of caretaking
• Payment for fuel for your trips to and from Cleaverville as per the Caretakers Agreement
• Reimbursement for fuel and gas for the period of caretaking
The City will engage a caretaker once it considers it has the right person for the job.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then please send your expression of interest addressed to “Ranger Services Coordinator” email@example.com
Please call 9186 8535 if you have any queries.