City of Karratha

Local Government Election 2021

The next date for ordinary local government elections is 16 October, 2021

Enrol to vote

Enrolling to vote can take place at any time throughout the year, however rolls have now closed for the 2021 Local Government Election.

To enrol or check your enrolment details please visit the WA Electoral Commission's website. Additional voting enrolment information can be found at the bottom of this page.

Election notices

Information for prospective candidates

The City will have vacancies in the 2021 election comprising of 1 vacancy in the Dampier Ward, 4 vacancies in the Karratha Ward and 1 vacancy on the Wickham/Point Samson/Roebourne/Cossack/Pastoral Ward. All vacancies are for four year terms.

Legislation introduced in June 2019 now requires prospective candidates (including sitting elected members renominating) to undertake an online induction as part of the nomination process. This is to ensure that candidates are fully aware of the roles and responsibilities of being an elected member of the community. A link to the Department of Local Government’s website and the Candidate Induction is:  More information can be sourced from the Department of Local Government’s website and from the WA Electoral Commission’s website.

Candidates for election

Candidate profiles are listed as they will be on ballot papers:

Dampier Ward (1seat):

Elected unopposed.


Karratha Ward (4 seats):


Point Samson/Roebourne/Wickham/Pastoral Ward (1 seat):


Voting enrolments

Visit the WA Electoral Commission's website to check if you're on the electoral roll. You do not need to renew if your details are correct on the State’s Residents Roll for the district of Karratha.


If you are not on the State’s Residents Roll as a resident of the City of Karratha and you want to vote, you must complete or update (if you have recently re-located from another part of Australia) your Australian Electoral Commission profile. You can enrol online or complete an enrolment form by following this link: Enrol to vote for Commonwealth, State or Local Government.


Enrolments can be completed at any time however, rolls have closed for the 2021 Local Government Election. 

If you are an owner or occupier of land and resident outside of the City of Karratha or a ward where you have a property interest, you can also register to vote by completing this form. If your claim has been accepted, this will allow you to be on the Owners and Occupiers Roll for the City of Karratha for a period of two ordinary election cycles. After the second election, you will need to re-enrol. If you need any assistance, please contact the City of Karratha on 9186 8555. The Owners and Occupiers Roll has closed for the 2021 Local Government Elections.