Here is where you'll find information on the upcoming election - this page will be updated as nominations are received:
- Election day is Saturday 21 October, 2017
- Nominations are now closed
- This election will be conducted via postal vote with voting packs delivered at the end of September
- Electors will need to follow instructions provided by the WAEC on how to complete a valid ballot paper
- They should return their vote to the address indicated on the voting envelope or drop into the City of Karratha administration office
- The only polling place open on election day will be the City offices. Chambers will be open from 8am - 6pm when polls close
- There are six seats up for election:
- 4 in the Karratha Ward
- 1 in the Dampier Ward
- 1 in the Wickham/Point Samson/Roebourne/Cossack/Pastoral Ward
Our returning officer for this election is Kirk Dillon; contact number: 0498 598 579 | Email: LGro_kar@elections.wa.gov.au
Nominations for Karratha Ward:
-- Listed in the order nominations were received
WATERSTROM MULLER, Jo
Nominations for Dampier Ward:
Local Government Elections
The next date for ordinary local government elections is 21 October, 2017.
Enrolled to vote?
Visit the WA Electoral Commission's website to check if you're on the electoral roll. You do not need to renew if your details are correct on the Residents Roll.
If you are not on the State’s Residents Roll to register as a resident of the City of Karratha you must complete or update (if you have recently re-located from another part of Australia) your Australian Electoral Commission profile. You can enrol online or complete an enrolment form by following this link: Enrol to vote for Commonwealth, State or Local Government.
If you are an owner or occupier of land and resident outside of the City of Karratha, you can also vote by completing one of the following forms. If you claim has been accepted, this will allow you to be on the Owners and Occupiers Roll for the City of Karratha for a period of two ordinary election periods. After the second election, you will need to re-enrol. If you need any assistance, please contact the City of Karratha on 9186 8555.
Members of Council are represented amongst electors from each of the Wards and are elected to serve the whole local government district. The City of Karratha is currently represented by:
Dampier Ward Boundary (click image for full size)
Karratha Ward Boundary (click image for full size)
Wickham/Point Samson/Roebourne/ Cossack/Pastoral Ward (click image for full size)
Other Websites links
Western Australian Electoral Commission: www.elections.wa.gov.au/elections/local
Department of Local Government and Communities: www.dlg.wa.gov.au/Content/LG/Elections/Default.aspx
Western Australian Local Government Association: www.walga.asn.au
For further information please contact the City of Karratha on 9186 8555.