Reusing household items helps to conserve raw materials, reduces energy costs of producing new replacements and extends the life of the landfill.
City of Karratha residents can bring a wide range of reusable goods to the shop, including:
- Garden items
- Reusable building materials (pavers, timber etc.)
- Whitegoods (in working order)
- Electronic equipment (in working order).
Tip Shop staff assess items for re-use potential prior to pricing them for resale. All electrical goods are tested and tagged before resale.
7 Mile Waste Facility, Exploration Drive, Gap Ridge.
REGULAR OPERATING HOURS:
Tip Shop: Saturday & Sunday 8am - 4pm
Suitable items for the Tip Shop can be left at the Tip Shop drop point seven days a week.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Footwear must be worn at all times
- Goods sold as is
- No warranty is offered on any item purchased
- Prices are fixed and not subject to negotiation
- There will be no refunds on any goods purchased
- It is the customer's responsibility to load and remove items purchased
- City of Karratha staff have the right to refuse service to abusive customers and ask them to leave the premises
- Items not collected by the required pick up date will be resold
- All customers shall conform to directions issued to them by City of Karratha staff.
PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON SITE
THIS IS A NO SMOKING FACILITY