This facility is licenced to accept waste from residential premises only.
The following waste CANNOT be accepted by this facility:
- Waste from Commercial premises
- High pressure containers
- Peat, acid sulphate soils
- Explosives of any kind
- Commercial quantities of motor oil
- Marine and emergency items
- Any other waste specified as Class III, IV or V according to the Landfill Waste Classification and Waste Definitions 1996.
Residents can place the following items in the specifically marked areas:
- Commingled recycling
- Plastic household containers
- Paper and cardboard
- Aluminium and steel cans
- Glass jars and bottles
- Motor oil – containers cannot be emptied and must be left on site (maximum of 20 litres)
- Used lead acid batteries, including car batteries
LOCATION: The Roebourne/Wickham Waste Transfer Station is located on the Point Samson-Roebourne Road (on the old Speedway site, opposite the Roebourne Cemetery).
OPERATING HOURS: 7:00am - 4:30pm every day excluding Christmas Day, New Years Day and Good Friday.
Fees and charges – refer to the waste fees and charges that apply to users of this facility:
Customers are responsible for unloading their own vehicles.
It is a condition of entry to this facility that all users shall conform to directions issued by Council staff.
Any goods deposited at this facility is the property of the City of Karratha Council.
All queries concerning the Roebourne/Wickham Transfer Station can be made through the Council's Customer Services Department during office hours on 9186 8555.