City of Karratha

Home-based Business

If you’re looking to start a home-based business, there are a few important steps you should take before you start operating.

Give us a ring to find out if you need planning approval or if you need to register your type of business.

If your business requires some renovations to get it up and running, you might also need to grab a building permit – a quick call to find out could save you a headache in the future.

Businesses that could fall under these requirements include (but are not limited to) hair dressers, beauty salons, tattooists, low-risk food preparation, office type business, etc. Our Planning, Building and Environmental Health teams are available on 9186 8555 and will be happy to have a chat about your options.

Here's a bunch of FAQ's to get you started.