- Create a ‘destination’ foreshore of choice for residents and visitors;
- Cater for a wide range of activities including:
• Land and water-based activities;
• Community and/or commercial;
• All ages and interests;
- Capitalise on Dampier’s natural and unique scenery;
- Improve and enhance amenity; and
- Effectively manage environmental impacts.
- The existing site conditions;
- Issues pertaining to coastal vulnerability;
- Parking and vehicular access;
- Drainage and stormwater;
- Recreational infrastructure;
- Beach access;
- Existing playing fields;
- Soft landscaping; and
- Space requirements for commercial opportunities.
Download the Dampier Palms Design Report (6.3MB)
Download the Dampier Palms Redevelopment Workshop Summary (6.3MB)
$9.6 million - City of Karratha
$2.5 million - Rio Tinto
$1.4 million - State Government through Lotterywest
Dampier celebrates major foreshore revitalisation
Funding secured for multimillion dollar foreshore redevelopment
Dampier Palms and Hampton Oval redevelopment set to break ground
Art on the agenda of Dampier redevelopment
Historic benefit to Dampier community
Dampier Palms and Hampton Oval redevelopment progresses
Foreshore improvements move closer
Dampier Palms and Hampton Oval Redevelopment fly through from City of Karratha on Vimeo. Please note this fly through is based on the first initial design concept for this project. Some elements have changed as a result of input from community engagement workshops.
For further information please contact the City of Karratha on 08 9186 8555 or email@example.com.