We're now in the eighth year of our partnership and together we've been able to provide some fantastic community facilities and events. Things like the Cossack Art Awards, the Arts and Culture event program, the Community Bus, Karratha Leisureplex, Dampier and Wickham Community Hubs and the Red Earth Arts Precinct would not be possible without this partnership - and there's still more in the pipeline!
Take a look at this quick video to learn about some of the ways our partnership could touch your life in just one day...
- Partnership reaches pinnacle
- Partnership reaches new heights
- Pioneering partnership recognised for excellence and innovation
Our partnership is split into a number of different agreements that focus on different areas in our community...
Community Events and Festivals
- Arts and Culture program - that's things like the Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow, Twilight Tunes and general events to broaden our artistic horizons
- NAIDOC Week celebrations
- Cossack Art Awards and Family Day
- Youth Engagement - many of the events that make up local youth program in the City are supported by our partnership
- Community Sports Awards
- Love Where You Live Expos - these are held to develop and connect new and long-term residents with local sports clubs, community groups and organisations to create a sense of belonging and showcase our community
- Australia Day celebrations
- Red Earth Arts Festival (REAF) - our major arts festival, spanning 10 days and showcasing a number of incredible events
Community Development and Services Agreement
- Ranger and Indigenous Trainee Ranger
- Cleansweep Taskforce
- Community Bus
- Medical Services Equalisation Scheme (this helps out with things like bulk-billing at the doctors)
- Club Development Officer (FUTURECLUBS program)
The partnership also covers individual agreements for the Dampier Community Hub, Karratha Leisureplex, Roebourne Districts SES, Wickham Recreation Precinct Operations, Wickham Community Hub, Eastern Corridor Youth Services and Town Beautifcation in Dampier, Wickham and Point Samson.
It’s a big task list but by working together we’re able to pool our resources and provide our community with some fantastic facilities, services and events.
Each year we put together a little video to sum up what the partnership has meant to us over the last 12 months. Check out our previous efforts here:
If you would like to know more about the City of Karratha and Rio Tinto Partnership, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org