Kevin Richards Memorial Oval Redevelopment
The Kevin Richards Memorial Oval (KRMO) Master Plan was endorsed by Council at the October 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting.
The Master Plan as adopted by council is proposed to be a seven year staged delivery and includes:
- Stage 1a - New play space, northern car park and design of the new change room and Club room facility
- Stage 1b - Construction of the new Change room and Club room facility
- Stage 2 - Playing field sport lighting upgrade
- Stage 3 - Existing Pavilion Refurbishment
- Stage 4 - Multipurpose courts
- Stage 5 - Expansion of the existing southern carpark, supply of a serviced lot for Men’s Shed, relocation of cricket net and a second play space
Total budget: $13.9 million
$1.6 million - City of Karratha draft 2020-21 budget
$525,000 - Lotterywest
$375,000 - Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.
$776,211 – Cash in Lieu of public open space funds
Start date: Early 2021
Construction period: 7 year masterplan
Expected completion date: Approximately 2028
Construction for playspace underway
City invites tenders for next step in Kevin Richards Memorial Oval redevelopment
Kevin Richards Memorial Oval moves ahead
Kevin Richards Memorial Oval redevlopment takes next step
Kevin Richards Memorial Oval to get extensive upgrade
Oval upgrade seeks funding
The below is artist impressions of the new playspace. Click here to see more
The below is an artists impression of a detailed design of the entire site, sketch images of the site and buildings.
Please contact the City of Karratha on 9186 8555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.