Karratha Industrial Estate - property checks
City of Karratha officers are undertaking a review of properties within the Karratha Industrial Estate (KIE) from a planning, building and health perspective.
This is to ensure commercial/industrial sites meet the requirements of the planning, building and health legislations and do not pose a risk to public health and safety.
The City is seeking to work with Property owners and occupants of future stages will be notified 3 weeks prior to their property being audited.
Officers conducting the inspections will looking into the following:
- Is the property use approved
- If the property is a food or beverage business, does it have the necessary approvals
- Are there approvals for the structures on site (including sea containers)
- Are there approvals in place for the onsite waste water disposal system
- Are there any potential sources of pooling water
It is important that commercial/industrial properties in the KIE meet the requirements of planning, building and health legislation. The City is atrives to work with property owners and occupants towards this and has provisions in place that provide for retrospective approvals should it be required. If you are aware of any development issues affecting your property, please contact the City so we can help you achieve legislative compliance.
Should you have any queries, please contact the City on 9186 8555 to speak to a Planning Compliance, Building or Environmental Health Officer.