Paying an Infringement Notice
There are several options for paying infringements which are as follows:
- Online: by Credit Card here
- By phone: 08 9186 8555
- In person: Visit the City of Karratha Administration Building, Welcome Road, Karratha between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday
- By mail: Post the infringement along with a cheque, money order or your credit card details to City of Karratha, PO Box 219, Karratha WA 6714
Appeal to have your infringement withdrawn
Infringements may be considered for withdrawal by stating the grounds of your objection. Supporting documentation must by provided.
All requests for infringements to be reviewed must be made to the City of Karratha in written form, prior to the payment due date.
There are several options for making an appeal. Choose from the following:
- Email: Download and complete the Appeal Infringement Form and return it via email to email@example.com with any supporting documents you have
- In Person: Visit the City of Karratha Administration Building, Welcome Road, Karratha between 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Remember to bring in any supporting documents you have
What happens if I don't pay?
If we have not heard from you within 28 days, we will send a final demand that will include extra charges.
If you can't pay your infringement notice in the prescribed, statutory period, it is referred to the Fines Enforcement Registry (FER) and further fees are imposed to recover the fine.
There are serious consequences for not paying fines in WA, including drivers or vehicle licence suspension or removal of number plates from your vehicle.
What happens if I receive a letter from the Fines Enforcement Registry?
If you have received a letter from the Fines Enforcement Registry you can contact them on 1300 650 235 or 08 9235 0235 between 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.