Senior Rates Officer
|Date Added||Closing date||Reference number||Salary|
|15 Sep 2020||29 Sep 2020||
Salary Package: $101,666 per annum plus superannuation – Housing Negotiable
Come for a career and stay for a lifestyle!
The City of Karratha is offering an opportunity for a suitably experienced and self-motivated Senior Rates Officer to join the Financial Services team. This position is based in Karratha, offering an attractive salary and a range of other benefits including, but not limited to:
- Six weeks annual leave
- 13% Superannuation
- Wellness program
The Senior Rates Officer is responsible for ensuring that property records are maintained for the generation and collection of property based income, monitoring and initiating the collection of outstanding rates and Pilbara Underground Power (PUPP) debtors, assisting with day-to-day accounting functions and ensuring that Council rating processes are in accordance with the Local Government Act 1995.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Qualifications in Business Administration or equivalent (desirable)
- Demonstrated substantial and relevant experience in a senior rates or senior finance position preferably within Local Government
- Demonstrated experience in conducting debt collection in accordance with an organisational policy
- Substantial experience leading and developing staff
- A current C Class driver’s licence
- A National (or federal) Police Certificate (no more than 6 months old)
Applications are to include a CV, completed application form, and a covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
For enquiries about this position, please contact Jenna Cunningham or Sarah Corker on 9186 8543.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm, Tuesday 29th September 2020. They are to be marked “Private and Confidential” and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714.