Parks and Gardens Support Officer - Fixed Term
|Date Added||Closing date||Reference number||Salary|
|13 Jan 2021||27 Jan 2021||
The City of Karratha is offering an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Parks and Gardens Support Officer to assist our Parks & Gardens team and Infrastructure Services department for a fixed term contract of 2 months. This position is based in Karratha, offering an attractive salary and a range of other benefits including, but not limited to:
- Six weeks annual leave
- 13% Superannuation
- Wellness Program
The Parks and Gardens Support Officer joins a team of professionals in the Infrastructure Department to provide administration and horticultural technical advice for the Parks and Gardens team in relation to the management of the City’s parks, gardens, street verge landscapes, street trees, reticulation, playgrounds, technical standards, policy and procedure and assistance in the delivery of Parks and Gardens activities and functions.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Certificate IV Horticulture or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in similar position
- Current Manual C driver’s licence
- National (or Federal) Police Certificate (no more than 6 months old).
- Drafting skills using AUTO CAD and Photoshop systems and an excellent understanding of design standards in relation to Local Government Projects (desirable)
- Demonstrated contract administration skills and knowledge of contract legislation/compliance (desirable)
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (desirable)
Applications are to include a CV, completed application form, and a covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
For further information about this position, please call Sarah Corker or Jenna Cunningham on (08) 9186 8543.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm, Wednesday 27th January 2021. They are to be marked “Private and Confidential” and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714.