Governance Officer - Leasing – 2 Positions
|Date Added||Closing date||Reference number||Salary|
|15 Sep 2020||29 Sep 2020||
Salary Package: $101,666 per annum plus super
Come for a career and stay for a lifestyle!
The City of Karratha is offering an opportunity for suitably experienced individuals to join our Governance & Organisational Strategy team as a Governance Officer specialising in Leasing. We have two full time positions available; one being an ongoing role and the other a fixed term of 3 months. These positions are based in Karratha, offering an attractive salary and a range of other benefits including, but not limited to:
- Six weeks annual leave
- 13% Superannuation
The Governance Officer - Leasing is responsible for overseeing governance and statutory compliance within the organisation. The officer will provide an administration, advice and support function to all teams across the organisation to ensure compliance with systems, processes and policies identified through contractual and legal obligations.
This positions’ main objective is to provide effective support within the Governance Leasing team to ensure efficient governance of leases, licences and agreements across the organisation.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Law or business qualification at degree level, or sufficient work experience in the area of interpreting legislation and its application, particularly in the Local Government and property management context
- Experience with the negotiation, drafting and implementation of leases at a commercial level is desirable, with experience in a Local Government context being preferred
- Demonstrable skills and experience in the use of GIS and lease/property management computer systems is desirable
- Exposure to corporate governance functions, in systems/process analysis and development, and preparation of submissions and reports is desirable
- Exposure to risk management systems and reporting systems is desirable
- A National (or Federal) Police Clearance (no more than 6 months old)
Applications are to include a CV, completed application form, and a covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
For enquiries about this position, please contact Jenna Cunningham or Sarah Corker on 9186 8543.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm, Tuesday 29th September 2020. They are to be marked “Private and Confidential” and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714.