COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Directions
From Monday 31 January, State Government Proof of Vaccination requirements will be expanded to venues and events in the City of Karratha.
The Directions require that patrons 16 years of age or over must not enter or remain at a specified vaccination venue unless they are fully vaccinated or medically exempt.
In line with the Directions, Proof of Vaccination or a medical exemption will be required to gain access to the following City facilities:
- Karratha Leisureplex (gym, strength and conditioning room, group fitness room, spin room and indoor courts) except when community sport is being played
- Wickham Recreation Precinct (gym) except when community sport is being played
- Wickham Community Hub (group fitness room)
- Red Earth Arts Precinct (cinema, theatre, dance rooms and licenced areas)
- Indoor Play Centre
At this stage, Proof of Vaccination will not be required for:
- Individuals under 16 years of age (with accepted proof of age)
- Aquatic facilities (including at Karratha Leisureplex, Wickham Recreation Precinct and Roebourne Aquatic Centre)
- Outdoor courts
- All other City of Karratha facilities (unless otherwise specified in the Directions i.e. café or restaurant at a City owned facility)
Proof of Vaccination can be shown using the ServiceWA, myGov or Express Plus Medicare apps. Other digital and hardcopy formats may be accepted with a valid form of identification.
This is not a policy decision of the Council. Venues, staff and patrons all have a shared responsibility to comply with these Directions. Penalties may apply to both individuals and the City for failure to comply.
We expect there to be some delays in the initial period as we work through these changes and ask that you remain respectful to our staff and each other at all times.
For further information on COVID-19 and these Directions please visit: