COVID-19 BUSINESS SUPPORT GRANT
As part of its COVID-19 Tranche 2 Business and Community Support initiatives, Council adopted the provision of Business Support Grants of up to $10,000 for eligible local, small businesses who have been impacted by COVID-19 that have had limited support from other Government initiatives at their June Ordinary Council Meeting.
Eligible businesses shall:
- Own or operate a small businesses, as defined by the Small Business Development Corporation Act 1983, within the City of Karratha and are operating at the time of application.
- Employ less than 20 people.
- Have experienced a 30% or greater loss in turnover as a result of COVID-19 since the Western Australia Declaration of State of Emergency was made 15 March 2020.
- Have not received a COVID-19 Small Business: Support Package Assistance from the City (e.g. Rates Relief, Community Support Grant and/or Lease Fee Waivers).
- Be eligible for the Commonwealth JobKeeper payments.
- Have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Have an appropriate legal business structure.
- Have appropriate insurances, approvals, permits and licences.
- Submit a completed Business Support Grant (T2) application form with all supporting information on or before 31 July 2020 to be considered for this grant funding.
Small business means a business undertaking:
Which is wholly owned and operated by an individual person or by individual persons in partnership or by a proprietary company within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2001 of the Commonwealth and which
a. Has a relatively small share of the market in which it competes; and
b. Is managed personally by the owner or owners or directors, as the case requires; and
c. Is not a subsidiary of, or does not form part of, a larger business or enterprise; or
Which is declared by the Governor by Order in Council pursuant to subsection (2) to be a small business for the purposes of this Act.
These guidelines can also be viewed as a PDF document.
If you think that you meet this eligibility criteria please proceed to completing the form below.
Decisions about Business Support Grant (T2) will be assessed based on the information provided in the application form and supporting document(s).
We understand that the information requested in this application is sensitive and we will treat it as confidential and only use this information for making decisions for grant funding.
ALL APPLICATIONS REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL