COVID-19 Advertising Grants
The COVID-19 Small Business: City Support Package includes the following initiatives:
- Establishing a network of City officers to provide one-on-one support to businesses to access advice and information regarding State, Federal and other support initiatives available;
- Modifying the City’s Financial Hardship (Rates Relief) Policy to provide increased access to debt write off for businesses;
- Freezing rates and existing City fees and charges in 2020/21 (zero percent increase);
- Implementing opportunities to spend additional City resources on local suppliers and contractors;
- Allocating up to $100,000 to implement an online portal and social media advertising campaign to encourage spending at local businesses;
- Small business tenants of City properties will not be charged rent for six months; and
- Providing lenient and compassionate terms to City debtors.
To provide City of Karratha businesses support advertising their operations in response to Covid-19.
Who can apply?
The applicant must:
- Be operating at the time of application.
- Own or operate a small business (as defined by the ATO and the ABS) within the City of Karratha.
- Have 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees.
- Have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Have an appropriate legal business structure.
- Have the appropriate insurances, permits and licences.
- If operating from home, be registered with the City of Karratha either as a home occupation or home business with the necessary planning approvals.
- Undertake proposed activity before 30 June 2020.
- Apply before Wednesday 15 April.
- Eligible applicants are to complete the application form below prior to undertaking proposed advertising activity.
- One application per business.
- Advertising activity must be future planned activity, we will not reimburse prior campaigns.
- City officers will assess the application and seek clarification prior to making a determination.
- Once application has been approved the applicant will carry out proposed advertising activity (before 30 June 2020).
- Applicants must submit receipt/s from advertiser (as proof of purchase) plus a tax invoice and Supplier Application Form to the City for reimbursement of 50% up to $1000.
- Applications close Wednesday 15 April.