- Enquiries line
- What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Where can I get the most up to date and correct information?
- Social distancing
- What is the City of Karratha doing?
- City of Karratha support packages
- Customer Service and contact
- City of Karratha facilities
- Karratha Airport
- Important Contact Information
ENQUIRIES LINE 13COVID (132 68 43)
An enquiries line to keep the community informed about COVID-19 coronavirus has been launched. By dialling 13COVID (132 68 43), Western Australians will have access to the latest information regarding the impact of the virus in WA.The hotline will operate seven days a week, from 7am to 10pm
What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses known to cause respiratory infections. These can range from the common cold to more serious diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). This new coronavirus originated in Hubei Province, China and the disease is named COVID-19.
For further information, the WA Department of Health has issued the following Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
Where can I get the most up to date and correct information?
With restrictions beginning to ease it is important you are getting the most up to date information on what facilities and services are now able to recommence operations. For the most up to date information please visit:
- WA Government COVID information & advice
- WA Government Roadmap to easing COVID restrictions
- For the latest situation in WA please visit the Healthy WA facebook page
Social distancing is a measure to slow or stop the spread of COVID-19 from person to person. The more space you put between yourself and others, the harder it is for the virus to spread.
There are a number of things you can do at home, in the workplace or at school to practice social distancing. some tips and advice on social distancing from the Department of Health can be found here.
What is the City of Karratha doing?
- The City is taking its advice from the lead State and Federal Government agencies. We will be supporting and complying with any actions that they recommend. We are not planning on taking steps that are over and above what is recommended by these well-informed and properly resourced agencies
- The City has formed an internal working group that will support, drive and comply with all recommended actions given by state and federal government agencies
- We are receiving regular updates from the State Government on what should be done
- Implemented organisation wide advice to contractors on COVID 19 and City’s requirements before working at City facilities and sites
- Council endorsed a COVID-19 Small Business: City Support Package and COVID-19 Community: City Support Package at a Special Council Meeting on March 30. Further details of these packages are listed below.
City of Karratha Support Packages
The City of Karratha Council has taken swift action to introduce significant support packages for ratepayers, community groups and small businesses in response to the global coronavirus pandemic. At the Ordinary Council Meeting held on 30 June 2020, a suite of additional support initiatives to help small businesses and community groups recover from the COVID-19 pandemic were endorsed by Council.
To read more visit karratha.wa.gov.au/covid-support-packages
Customer Service and contact
- Our main Customer Service office on Welcome Road is open for essential business from 8:30am - 4:30pm daily.
- There is a range of services available online through karratha.wa.gov.au so please call our office to enquire if your service is available online prior to visiting the customer service office.
- Our team can still be contacted via phone: 08 9186 8555, email: email@example.com or through Facebook
City of Karratha facilities
In line with State Government direction it is now mandatory to wear a face mask within the Karratha Airport Terminal.
- If you are travelling, dropping off or meeting a passenger within the terminal, you will be required to wear a mask
- Children under the age of 12 are exempt
- Please bring your own mask to the airport
It may be an offence to fail to comply with any of these directions, punishable by a fine of up to $50,000 for individuals and $250,000 for bodies corporate.
For more information visit: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/airport-transportation-face-mask-directions
Important Contact Information
City of Karratha Administration: (08) 9186 8555
Karratha Leisureplex: (08) 9186 8556
Wickham Recreation Precinct: (08) 9186 8684
Red Earth Arts Precinct (For Hire bookings): (08) 9186 8600
Karratha Library: (08) 9186 8660
Dampier Library: (08) 9186 8025
Wickham Library: (08) 9186 8030
Karratha Tourism & Visitor Information Centre: (08) 9186 8055
The Youth Shed: (08) 9186 8647
The Base Wickham: (078) 9186 8045