Bush Fire Control
Restricted fire season exists all year within the City of Karratha.
Fire permits are REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES for any open air fires.
Minor Offences (Infringement Notice)
Failing to produce a Permit to Burn
Lighting a fire in the open air
Lighting a fire to destroy refuse contrary to conditions
Setting fire to bush during restricted burning times
Failure of the occupier of the land to extinguish a bush fire
Failure to comply with a notice to plough or clear firebreaks
Permit to Burn
Information required for a Permit to Burn:
- Name of the person conducting the burn.
- The location, lot number and/or street address of the property to which the permit will apply to.
- What fire fighting equipment and resources you have and is it in good working order?
- Supply a safety plan.
- What is the size of the burn to take place?
- Are fire breaks installed and can an emergency fire unit gain access to the area being burnt?
- What materials are you proposing to burn?
Note: Applying for a Permit to Burn does not mean it will be automatically issued.
Please contact the Ranger Co-ordinator on 9186 8535 for fire permits.
The City of Karratha’s Waste facility sites are free for residential rubbish including green waste.