Reusing household items helps to conserve raw materials, reduces energy costs of producing new replacements and extends the life of the landfill.
City of Karratha residents can bring a wide range of reusable goods to the shop, including:
- Garden items;
- Reusable building materials (pavers, timber etc.);
- Whitegoods (in working order);
- Electronic equipment (in working order).
Tip Shop staff assess items for re-use potential prior to pricing them for resale. All electrical goods are tested and tagged before resale.
7 Mile Waste Facility, Exploration Drive, Gap Ridge
REGULAR OPERATING HOURS:
Tip Shop: 8am - 4pm Friday to Sunday excluding Christmas Day, New Years Day and Good Friday when the site is closed.
Suitable items for the Tip Shop can be left at the Tip Shop drop point 7 days a week
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Footwear must be worn at all times;
- Goods sold as is;
- No warranty is offered on any item purchased;
- Prices are fixed and not subject to negotiation;
- There will be no refunds on any goods purchased;
- It is the customer's responsibility to load and remove items purchased;
- City of Karratha staff have the right to refuse service to abusive customers and ask them to leave the premises;
- Items not collected by the required pick up date will be resold;
- All customers shall conform to directions issued to them by City of Karratha staff.
PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON SITE
THIS IS A NO SMOKING FACILITY