Project design 2017/18 financial year
Construction TBC funding 2018/19 financial year
- Create a ‘destination’ foreshore of choice for residents and visitors
- Cater for a wide range of activities including:
• Land & water based activities
• Community and/or commercial
• All ages & interests
- Capitalise on Dampier’s natural and unique scenery
- Improve and enhance amenity
- Effectively manage environmental impacts
- The existing site conditions
- Issues pertaining to coastal vulnerability
- Parking and vehicular access
- Drainage and stormwater
- Recreational infrastructure
- Beach access
- The existing playing fields
- Soft landscaping
- Space requirements for commercial opportunities
- Present Design Development Report to February Council meeting for endorsement.
- Following Council endorsement proceed to detailed design and documentation ready for tendering.
- Progress funding for project construction commencing in 2018/19 including
- Commonwealth funding application.
Updated map of Dampier Palms and Hampton Oval Redevelopment including Community feedback
Watch the fly through here!
Please note that this fly-through is based off the first initial design concept for this project. Some elements have changed as a result of the input from the community workshops.