$34,500,000 fully funded by the City of Karratha
The Karratha Airport Terminal Redevelopment will refresh passenger facilities and provide a better travel experience for Karratha Airport’s 800,000 passengers per year. The project will significantly increase the size of the terminal, allowing for a new arrival and departures area that will feature more food, beverage and shopping options. The Terminal redevelopment will also allow for the possibility of international flights and areas for airlines to operate frequent flyer lounges. The general amenity of the terminal will be improved with new bathrooms, a new façade, improved baggage claim areas and tiling and painting of existing areas.
May 2015 - STAGE 2 COMPLETE
New features include:
- New security screening area
- Opening of new atrium, arrivals and departures area
- Second baggage carousel in operation
- Relocation of temporary cafe past security screening
- New bathrooms
Work is continuing on the redevelopment with the old departure area undergoing refurbishment and new cafe, bar and shops set to open later this year.
- Tiling work is continuing around the check-in areas
- Second floor slab has been cast and the roof has been installed
- Refurbishment of ceiling in the landside area nearing completion
- First of two new baggage carousels is now in operation
- Landside toilet block has been opened
- Works have commenced on the new departures area and second floor