Youth Officer - Casual
|Date Added||Closing date||Reference number||Salary|
|14 Dec 2018||31 Jan 2019||
Casual Rate of: $39.7034 per hour plus allowance
Come for a career and stay for a lifestyle!
The City of Karratha is offering exciting opportunities for suitably experienced and self-motivated individuals to join our Youth Services team on a casual basis. These positions will operate from The Base Wickham and/ or The Youth Shed Karratha. Youth Officers will operate under the direction of Senior Youth Officers and are responsible for facilitation, implementation and delivery of targeted youth programs, for young people aged 11 – 25. These programs may include sport, art and/or life skills, with the overall aim of supporting the development and wellbeing of young people.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Qualification in youth work, social work and/or community services is highly desirable
- Experience in working within the youth services field is highly desirable
- Experience and skills in the facilitation, delivery and supervision of programs such as sports, arts (including digital, media) and life skill development is highly desirable
- Ability and willingness to work outside of ‘normal working hours’ as defined in the City of Karratha Enterprise Agreement 2015, weekend availability is desirable
- National (or Federal) Police Certificate (no more than 6 months old)
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate
- Current C class driver’s licence
Applications are to include a CV, completed application form, and a covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
For enquiries about this position, please contact Jenna Cunningham on 9186 8543.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm, Thursday 31st January 2018. They are to be marked “Private and Confidential” and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714. * Please note the timeframe to receive notification of the outcome of the role may extend beyond 2 weeks *