Senior Building Surveyor
|Date Added||Closing date||Reference number||Salary|
|21 Apr 2017||05 May 2017||
Salary Package: $117,808 per annum – housing negotiable.
Come for a career and stay for a lifestyle!
The City of Karratha is offering an opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated individual to join our Regulatory Services team as a Senior Building Surveyor. This position is based in Karratha, offering an attractive salary and a range of other benefits including, but not limited to:
- Six weeks annual leave
- 13% Superannuation
- Wellness Program
The Senior Building Surveyor is responsible to assist the Building Coordinator to carry out the City’s building services functions and processes as part of the Regulatory Services Team. This includes the processing of building applications within the City comply with the Building Code of Australia, the Residential Design Codes of Western Australia, the City’s Local Planning Scheme and all other statutory requirements. A high level of customer service is required to provide appropriate technical advice for a range of building enquiries.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor of Building Surveying, Advanced Diploma of Building Surveying or an equivalent qualification.
- At least 2 years appropriate experience in a Building Department within either a local government or in a private consultancy.
- Or be able to attain a Building Surveyor Level 1 or 2 Certificate
- A current national “C” class driver’s licence.
- A National (or Federal) Police Certificate (no more than 6 months old).
Applications are to include a CV, completed application form, and a covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
For enquiries about this position, please contact Jenna Cunningham on 9186 8543.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm, Friday 5th May 2017. They are to be marked “Private and Confidential” and emailed to email@example.com or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714.