Manager Community Services – up to 5 Year Contract
|Date Added||Closing date||Reference number||Salary|
|04 Jul 2018||25 Jul 2018||
Total Remuneration Package: Circa $135,000 per annum plus benefits
Come for a career and stay for a lifestyle!
The City of Karratha is offering an exciting new opportunity for an experienced individual to manage our Community Services department. This position is based in Karratha, offering an attractive salary and a range of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Six weeks’ annual leave
- Unrestricted use of a vehicle
- Wellness program
- Utilities allowance
The Manager Community Services oversees the operation of the City’s Libraries and Youth Services functions and is responsible for planning and liaison for the development and provision of new services to enhance liveability for the growing Karratha community.
The Community Services Manager is responsible for the strategic management and development of a diverse range of community services, projects, programs and agreements.
The position will oversee and work closely with relevant staff to progress strategies that enhance Council’s Community Service functions primarily aligned with the City of Karratha Strategic Plan.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in social sciences, community development or similar discipline and demonstrated practical experience
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and manage community service delivery with the community, private and public sector
- Demonstrated strategic planning and analytical skills
- Proven experience in managing medium size and diverse departments
- Experience in a Local Government environment
- Demonstrated success in staff management and motivation
- Financial acumen including budgeting, management control and analysis
Applications are to include a CV and covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements as stated in the position description.
For enquiries about this position, please contact Jenna Cunningham on 9186 8543.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm, Wednesday 25th July 2018. They are to be marked “Private and Confidential” and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714.