Manager Arts & Culture – 5 Year Contract
|Date Added||Closing date||Reference number||Salary|
|19 Apr 2017||03 May 2017||
Total Remuneration Package: Circa $135,000 per annum plus benefits – Housing negotiable
Come for a career and stay for a lifestyle!
The City of Karratha is offering an exciting new opportunity for an experienced individual to manage our Arts & Culture department. This position is based in Karratha, offering an attractive salary and a range of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Six weeks annual leave
- Unrestricted use of a vehicle
- Wellness program
- Utilities allowance
The Manager Arts and Culture is responsible for the strategic management and development of Arts and Culture throughout the City of Karratha. The overarching function of this role will be to improve livability in the City of Karratha through exposure to and participation in a wide variety of arts and culture experiences.
The position will manage the Arts and Culture Department and oversee and work closely with relevant staff to attract, develop and deliver arts and culture experiences aligned to the City of Karratha Strategic Community Plan. This includes coordination with community based arts and cultural organisations City wide, the development and implementation of policies and programs to build and promote all levels of the arts and culture throughout the City and to promote and position the Red Earth Arts Precinct (REAP) as a flagship regional venue.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Entrepreneurial flair to envisage, attract and develop innovative arts and cultural programs across the City
- Contract negotiation and management expertise
- Community development flair and a commitment to grass roots arts and cultural development
- Theatre management experience
- Involvement in the full spectrum of experiences from broad based entertainment to fine arts
- Marketing and promotions experience
- Demonstrated success in staff management and motivation
- Financial acumen including budgeting, management control and analysis
Applications are to include a CV and covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements as stated in the position description.
For enquiries about this position, please contact Jenna Cunningham on 9186 8543.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm, Wednesday 3rd May 2017. They are to be marked “Private and Confidential” and emailed to email@example.com or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714.