Communications Officer - Part Time - Fixed Term Contract
|Date Added||Closing date||Reference number||Salary|
|12 Feb 2019||26 Feb 2019||
Salary Package $49,281 per annum plus super
38 Hours per fortnight
Come for a career and stay for a lifestyle!
The City of Karratha is offering an opportunity for a suitably experienced person to join our Marketing & Communications team, as a Communications Officer on a part time basis, for a fixed term contract until January 2020. This position is based in Karratha, offering an attractive salary and a range of other benefits including, but not limited to:
- Corporate uniform
- 13% Superannuation
The Communications Officer will support the Manager Marketing and Communications with the development, implementation and evaluation of high quality communications and public relations strategies and activities to ensure effective internal and external communications, which enhance the reputation of the City of Karratha. The focus of this role is to produce engaging content across digital and traditional media channels.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Qualification in marketing, communication, graphic design, digital media, or similar and extensive experience, or lesser qualifications with a proven track record in a similar position
- Experience with the Adobe Creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premier Pro and Illustrator) preferred
- Web CMS experience (particularly Drupal 7 and WordPress) preferred
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint will be highly regarded
- Current C Class driver’s licence
- National (or Federal) Police Certificate (no more than 6 months old)
Applications are to include a CV, completed application form, and a covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
For enquiries about this position, please contact Jenna Cunningham on 9186 8543.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm, Tuesday 26th February 2019. They are to be marked “Private and Confidential” and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, delivered in person to our Welcome Road Admin Office or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714.